Union County, NJ – The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders announced today that there will be a free Drive-Up screening of “Casper” at the Union County Vocational-Technical Schools Campus, located at 1776 Raritan Rd, Scotch Plains on Friday, October 30, at 7:00 p.m. Parking begins at 6:00 p.m.
Due to space limitations, advanced reservations are required. To register, go to ucnj.org/reserve/ beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 23. Only one registration is required per vehicle.
“The Casper drive-up movie provides families with a great way to celebrate Halloween and enjoy a ‘night out at the movies’ with safety in mind,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella.
The following rules and guidelines apply to residents wishing to attend:
- The event will run in compliance with state COVID-19 orders, regarding social distancing and other protocols.
- The event is open to Union County residents ONLY.
- The event is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
- Due to space limitations reservations will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- To help promote social distancing, no walk-ups, bikes or chairs are permitted.
- Attendees must bring their own snacks and drinks. There will not be any food or drink available for purchase.
- Vehicles will be arranged at least 6 feet apart with adequate social distancing.
- Attendees must stay in their vehicles (unless they need to use the port-o-johns)
- Port-o-johns will be available. Masks are required when using the port-o-johns.
Further details will be available to residents upon registration.
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including guidance for the free Drive-Through Test Center at Kean University, visit ucnj.org/coronavirus-update.
For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance with questions, visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media.