November 19 will be final date for twice weekly distribution of boxed lunches for seniors
UNION COUNTY – The Union County Division on Aging and Disability Services regrets to announce the suspension of the “Grab and Go” Lunch Program for seniors. The final two dates for distribution at 12 of the 13 participating sites will be Tuesday, November 17 and Thursday, November 19. Plainfield Senior Center, Plainfield, will not distribute any lunches on November 17 or November 19.
“With COVID-19 numbers rising throughout the County and State, we must reconcile the ability to provide resources to our residents with the responsibility of mitigating the spread of the virus by reducing points of contact,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “It saddens us to have to stop the ‘Grab and Go’ meal distribution but we hope to be able to resume this service for our seniors in the future when it is safe to do so.”
The Union County Division on Aging and Disability Services remains open and available to help with support to seniors, including referrals for emergency food assistance and information on food distribution events. The Division on Aging can be reached at 888-280-8226, 908-527-4870, or 908-527-4872. For Spanish speaking, please call 908-527-4863.
To Union County Division on Aging and Disability thanks the seniors who have been participating in the “Grab and Go” lunch program, for their support.
The 13 “Grab and Go Lunch Program” locations were:
- Gregorio Recreation Center—330 Helen St., Linden
- Hillside Senior Center—265 Hollywood Ave., Hillside
- Kenilworth Senior Center—526 Boulevard, Kenilworth
- Liberty Square Senior Center—204 Elizabeth Ave., Elizabeth
- O’Donnell Dempsey Senior Center—622 Salem Ave., Elizabeth
- Peterstown Community Center—418-34 Palmer St., Elizabeth
- Plainfield Senior Center—400 E. Front St., Plainfield
- Rahway Senior Center— 1306 Esterbrook Ave., Rahway
- Roselle Community Center—1268 Shaffer Ave., Roselle
- Stephen Sampson Center—800 Anna St., Elizabeth
- Union Senior Center—968 Bonnel Ct., Union
- Westfield Community Center—558 W. Broad St., Westfield
- Winfield Community Center—25 Roosevelt Dr., Winfield
For more information about other programs from the Union County Division on Aging, please call (908) 527-4870 or (908) 527-4877.
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including guidance for the free Drive-Through Test Center at Kean University, visit ucnj.org/coronavirus-update.
For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance with questions, visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media.