Group Archery Safety Lessons and Archery Range ID Renewal Information
Please call 908-527-4900 or 908-654-9805
- Private Instruction Archery Lessons
- Private Instruction Archery Lessons for One Person
- Small Group Archery Lessons for One Person
- 2017 Group Lessons
- Archery Range ID Card Application
Who can use the range
Archers who possess a current annual Union County Archery ID Card. Archery ID Cards are valid January 1 through December 31 of the current year and must be renewed annually.
Hours of Operation
Year-round, daily, dawn to dusk.
2017 Group Safety Lessons Dates
Saturday April 8 10am-12pm
Saturday April 29 10am-12pm
Saturday June 3 10am-12pm
Saturday June 10 10am-12pm
Wednesday June 28 6pm-8pm
Wednesday July 12 6pm-8pm
Wednesday August 16 6pm-8pm
Saturday August 19 10am-12pm
Saturday September 16 10am-12pm
Saturday September 23 10am-12pm
Sunday October 1 10am-12pm
Sunday October 8 10am-12pm
Saturday October 14 10am-12pm
Sunday October 22 10am-12pm
2017 4-H Club Schedule
Reserve 8 lanes from 1pm to 4pm
Lightning Wheels Team Practice Schedule
- Mondays, April through July
- 5pm-dusk (5 lanes used)
The Navigators Team Practice Schedule
- Saturdays, April through July
- 12pm-3pm (5 lanes used)
2017 ID Card Fees (effective April 22, 2014)
- Union County Residents: $25
- Out of County:$35
- Youth (17 & under):
- Union County Residents:$15
- Out of County: $20
- Seniors (55 & over):
- Union County Residents:$15;
- Out of County: $20
- Residents of Edison Township pay Union County rates.
Archery Photo ID Cards
- Must be purchased in-person at the Westfield location of the Parks Reservation Desk.
- Archery Group Safety Lesson Completion Cards expire (3) three months after the date of lesson.
ID Card Renewals
Complete a new archery ID application, available by clicking here or call a Parks Reservation Desk to have a form mailed to you. Indicate your expired ID number on the new form and mail it with your check or money order to either Union County Parks Reservation Desk address below.
Parks Reservation Desk
10 Elizabethtown Plaza
Elizabeth, NJ 07207
Parks Reservation Desk
Colleen Fraser Building
300 North Avenue East
Westfield, NJ 07090
Archery Range Rules
- Union County Archery ID Card must be prominently displayed on the Archer at all times.
- Arrow retrieval/search time per end shall not exceed 5 minutes
- Archery ID Cards are valid January 1 through December 31 of the current year and must be renewed annually.
- The range is open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Equipment permitted: longbow, re-curve and compound bow only; limit 70lb. draw weight.
- ID Holders must bring ALL of their own equipment. Equipment includes but is not limited to: bows, arrows, and targets.
- Targets must be compatible with equipment.
- Personal equipment should be inspected by the individual or group and maintained for safe operation.
- Only target and field points are allowed on the range. No fixed or mechanical broad-heads allowed!
- No more than 6 arrows (1 end) will be shot at each relay.
- Relay time will not exceed 10 minutes.
- All shooting will be from the marked firing line only.
- Only straight in-lane shooting is permitted.
- No crossing shots, roving or clout.
- No hunting or firearms allowed.
- Union County Police reserve the right to confiscate any Archery ID card and revoke usage rights to any individual who does not comply with Archery Range rules.
At times the Archery Range may be closed at the discretion of the County of Union.
In case of emergency contact the Union County Police at (908) 654-9800.
Group Archery Safety Lesson Information
- Registration Age & Class Fee: $20.00 per person. Group Safety lessons are open to ages 9 and over.
- Class space is limited; registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-ons will not be accepted.
- Minimum 8 and maximum 16 participants per group. Union County reserves the right to cancel classes with less than 8 participants.
- Classes will be taught by a trained and certified USA Archery Instructor and/or a trained and certified 4-H National Archery Instructor.
- Lessons are 2 hours and include archery safety, proper equipment use and technique; please arrive 15 minutes early to check-in.
- Equipment for lessons will be provided by Union County.
- Upon successful completion of the class and a safety questionnaire, participants will be qualified to purchase a Union County Archery Range ID Card at an additional cost.
- Small Group Lessons for a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 are also available at a rate of $25 per person and will be scheduled at mutually agreeable times. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Private Lessons for 4 or fewer people are also available at a rate of $100 per person and will be scheduled at mutually agreeable times. Please e-mail email@example.com to schedule.
How to Qualify for a Union County Archery ID Card
Archers must provide proof of having passed an archery course offered by any of the following organizations:
- National/State 4-H Shooting Sports Program
- National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)
- National Alliance for the Development of Archery (NADA)
- National Archery Association (NAA)
- National Field Archery Association (NFAA)
- Boy / Girl Scout Archery Merit Badge Holder or Instructor
- Go Archery
- Society for Creative Anachronisms (SCA)
- International Bowmen’s Organization (IBO)
- National College Athletic Association (NCAA)
- USA Archery
Patrons of any Union County park and/or open space facility(ies) recognize the risks inherent in the use of said park and/or facility(ies). Other than acts on the part of the County which, if proven in an appropriate court of law, are tantamount to gross negligence, Patrons hereby agree to hold the County harmless from any and all damage resulting to person and/or property from the use of its park and/or open space facilities and hereby releases, waives and forever discharges the County , its servants, agents and/or employees from any and all such claims.