Archery range will be closed to the public during group safety lessons. Dates and times below.
Emergencies: Call Union County Police at 908-654-9800
Group Archery Safety Lessons and Archery Range ID Renewal Information
Please call 908-527-4900 or 908-654-9805
Who can use the range
Archers must possess a current annual Union County Archery ID Card. Archery ID Cards must be renewed annually.
The Parks’ Archery Range at Oak Ridge Park is open. Given current conditions kindly follow all rules:
- Range closed to public during group safety lessons.
- Range is open from dawn to dusk.
- It is strongly recommended that archers wear a mask while at the range.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, only individuals with existing archery IDs may utilize the facility.
- A Union County Archery ID is required and must be displayed.
- Archers must stay 6 feet apart. All even-numbered stalls, #2-#22 are closed to ensure social distancing.
- Only the Archer and 1 household member are allowed in the same lane.
- Interactions with individuals outside of your household are discouraged. Social distancing and masks are the only proven methods for halting the spread of COVID-19.
- Anyone waiting to shoot must stay behind the ready line.
- Bathrooms and portable toilets are open. However, there is limited cleaning of the facilities.
- Located at Oak Ridge Park, Oak Ridge Road in Clark
Range ID Renewal Information
Please visit the link to the archery renewals: for 2021: Archery ID Renewal or contact 908-527-4900.
County Archery ID Card. Archery ID Cards must be renewed annually.
Hours of Operation
Daily from dawn to dusk. Union County Parks & Recreation reserves the right to close the range at any time.
2021 Group Safety Lessons Dates
The Archery Range will be closed for Group Safety Lessons during the below dates/times. The range will be open before and after these time frames. Anyone wanting interested in a Group Safety Lesson must be a minimum age of 9 years old and register for a class in order to participate.
- Sunday, April 18 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 24 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Sunday, May 2 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, May 8 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Sunday, May 16 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday, May 18 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, May 22 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday, May 25 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Sunday, May 23 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Sunday, June 6 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday, June 15 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, June 23 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Saturday, June 26 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday, July 21 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Sunday, July 25 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, August 7 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, August 12 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Sunday, August 22 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday, September 8 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Sunday, September 12 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday, September 15 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Saturday, October 2 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 9 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Sunday, October 17 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, October 23 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, November 13 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, November 20 9:30am – 12:30pm
Hold Harmless, Indemnification and Assumption of Risk Agreement
Warning: Serious Injury may result from your participation in an archery program.
In consideration of and by participating in any fashion in any activity today and on all future dates at the County’s archery range, any participant, his/her heirs, assigns, and legal representatives, hereby expressly agree to the following:
- Participants and spectators are deemed to assume the inherent risks involved in the sport and practice of archery.
- Each participant is expected to conduct themselves within the limits of their ability in this sport.
- Participant agrees to hold the County of Union and all of its successors, assigns, subsidiaries, employees, and agents harmless and release them from any/all liability whatsoever and in connection with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damages, cost or expenses arising out of participant’s use of the County’s archery range, activities and/or property and facilities, including without limitation, those based on death, bodily injury, or property damage.
- Participant agrees to indemnify and defend the County of Union and all of its successors, assigns, subsidiaries, employees, and agents against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses resulting from the participant’s negligence arising from the participant’s use of the County’s property and facilities.
- Participant certifies that he/she is physically and mentally fit for all archery activity and will obey all rules and regulations established by the County of Union’s Parks Department.
- Participant represents to the County that this Agreement is being made freely and voluntarily, and that if this Agreement is on behalf of a participant who is under the age of eighteen (18) years, that the undersigned is the participant’s parent or legal guardian. Participant further acknowledges and understands that this Agreement shall remain valid now and at all times in the future until it is revoked in writing by participant.