Union County, NJ – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women is pleased to announce the ten recipients of the 2011 Women of Excellence Awards. The awardees will be honored at the 19th annual Women of Excellence dinner at The Westwood in Garwood at 438 North Avenue on Friday, March 25.
“The Women of Excellence award celebrates the wide variety of ways in which women influence the quality of life in Union County,” said Freeholder Chairman Deborah P. Scanlon. “Our ten honorees represent many thousands of others who make a great deal of difference in our communities, whether it is through professional achievement, advocacy, or service.”
The Commission on the Status of Women is sponsored by The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Its mission is to call attention to the contributions of women who live or work in Union County. Each year, award are given in different fields including education, health care, the arts, government, business, law, community service, technology, humanitarianism, public service, women’s advocacy, and lifetime achievement.
The honorees for 2011 are:
- Marlyse Benson of Westfield: Mental Health
- Lieutenant Kara Davis of Hillside: Law Enforcement
- Flor Gonzales of Plainfield: Immigration Advocacy
- Adele Kenny of Fanwood: Arts & Humanities
- Phyllis L. Mirabella of Fanwood: Civic & Community Leadership
- Maryellen Moffitt of Rahway: Education
- Joyce Passen of Monroe, working in Summit: Community Health
- Mary Reilly of Cranford: Environmental Protection
- Adrienne Robertiello of Scotch Plains: Community Service
- Diana L. Taylor of Westfield: Lifetime Achievement
Tickets for the dinner are available at $40.00 per person
by contacting Carol Lombardo, 908-789-0508.