Union County, NJ – The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders is pleased to announce that works of art by 14 Union County senior artists are included in the 52nd annual New Jersey Senior Citizens Art Exhibit, now on display in the main building at Meadow Lakes Senior Living, 300 Meadow Lakes, in East Windsor. Five of the Union County artists also received state-level awards for their work.
The exhibit features 302 works of art created by New Jersey artists over the age of 60 and is on display through Thursday, October 25.
The show is open to members of the public, Mondays through Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Groups of six or more are asked to contact Meadow Lakes in advance by calling 609-448-4100.
“This statewide exhibit is a wonderful way for seniors to reach out and connect with artists and communities throughout the New Jersey,” said Freeholder Chairman Sergio Granados. “We are very proud of our five state-level award winners and all of the Union County artists who participated.”
The Meadow Lakes exhibit includes artwork by both professional and non-professional artists from across New Jersey. All of the artists qualified for the show by winning first place awards at their respective county-level shows. The Union County Senior Citizens Art Exhibit was held at Liberty Hall Center in Union Township earlier this year.
The state-level awardees were selected by a panel of professionals. The five winning Union County artists are:
- Barbara Uhr of Westfield, for “Wave II” (3rd Place for pastel work by a professional).
- Priscilla Young of Cranford for “Haunted Piano” (3rd Place for oil painting by a non-professional).
- Angelito David of Linden for “Resting Banca” (Honorable Mention for watercolor by a professional).
- Lorenzo Ferreiro of Fanwood for “San Francesco Cloister, Sorrento, Italy” by (Honorable Mention for watercolor by a non-professional).
- Karen Kelly of Scotch Plains for “Cumberland River Pedestrian Bridge” by Karen Kelly (Honorable Mention for a work on paper by a non-professional).
The annual Union County Senior Citizens Art Exhibit is coordinated through the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs in the Union County Department of Parks and Recreation. It is supported with funding from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts.
Registration for the next Union County Senior Citizens Art Exhibit will begin in 2019.
The New Jersey Senior Art Show is a project of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the Mercer County Division of Culture and Heritage. It is generously hosted by Meadow Lakes, East Windsor, a Springpoint Senior Living Community.
Connect with Union County on social media.