Union County, NJ – February 8, 2022 – The Union County Board of County Commissioners informs residents of the updated schedules for COVID-19 testing and vaccinations throughout the County.
“Vaccination and testing is imperative to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and its variants,” said Commissioner Chair Rebecca Williams. “Union County will continue to work to provide residents with easy access to these important tools.”
Starting Tuesday, February 8, COVID-19 (PCR Saliva and Rapid Nasal) testing at the Plainfield Performing Arts Center will be available on:
- Tuesday through Friday – 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Beginning Monday, February 14th, COVID-19 (nasal test) testing at Kean University in Union Township will take place on:
- Mondays 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – (Kean will be open for testing on President’s Day on Monday February 21st)
- Thursdays 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Also beginning the week of February 14th, COVID-19 (PCR Saliva and Rapid Nasal) testing at the Plainfield Performing Arts Center will take place:
- Tuesday thru Friday – 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
COVID-19 testing at the Gerry B. Green Building in Plainfield (saliva test) will continue on Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Beginning Monday, February 21st, COVID-19 vaccinations will be available according to the following schedule:
- Warinanco Ice Skating Center in Roselle – Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Pfizer only (Ages 5 and up) & Pfizer boosters available.
- Kean University in Union Township – Fridays 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Kean will be open on Lincoln’s birthday, Friday, February 11th) – Moderna, J & J, Pfizer (Ages 12 and up); no pediatric Pfizer – Boosters available
Appointments for vaccines and testing can be booked online by creating an account https://ucnj.org/covid19. Residents looking to visit the Immunization Clinic for a free COVID-19 vaccine can walk in Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Union County’s Public Safety Department will once again begin working directly with municipalities to pivot back to mobile testing and vaccination, providing residents with as many opportunities as possible to test when needed as well as get their COVID-19 shots.
Testing at the Plainfield Performing Arts Center is done in partnership with the New Jersey Department of Health, Vault Health and the City of Plainfield
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including free vaccination, free testing, emergency food distribution and other support services, visit ucnj.org/covid19. General information about COVID-19 is available through the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media