The Union County Board of County Commissioners would like toannounce the award recipients for the Union County On Stage! School & Community Grant, as part of Commissioner Chairman Sergio Granados’ 2023 Theater Initiative, through his Chairman’s theme of “Building a Stronger Union County,” which aims to support students and educators across Union County in providing arts-based education and enjoyment.
“This Theater initiative stems from the recognition that arts funding is often among the first programs to face budget cuts and I wanted to support and promote arts funding for schools and organizations, highlighting our local talent,” said Commissioner Chairman Sergio Granados. “Your dedication to the arts and commitment to enriching our community through creative expression are truly commendable. I am confident that each of you will demonstrate exceptional talent and passion, and I have no doubt that your projects will inspire and uplift Union County. Congratulations to all the recipients, and thank you for contributing to the cultural vibrancy of our county.”
This initiative, aimed at providing significant support to performing arts programs throughout Union County, was open to all Union County high schools and tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, and signifies an important investment in local arts.
The Union County On Stage! Grant Program included two types of grants, totaling $53,875.00: a school grant, where all Union County high schools were eligible to apply with the total amount of $29,775.00. Next was a community grant, which was open to local non-profit organizations in Union County with a tax-exempt status with a total amount of $24,100.00.
Union County On Stage! School Grant
- Berkeley Heights, Governor Livingston High School $2,000.00
- Clark, Mother Seton Regional High School $2,000.00
- Cranford, Cranford High School $1,775.00
- Elizabeth, Thomas Jefferson Arts Academy $2,000.00
- Kenilworth, David Brearley High School $2,500.00
- New Providence, New Providence High School $1,500.00
- Rahway, Rahway High School $2,500.00
- Roselle, Abraham Clark High School $2,500.00
- Scotch Plains, Academy of Performing Arts $2,500.00
- Scotch Plains, Scotch Plains-Fanwood High Schools $2,000.00
- Scotch Plains, Union Catholic High School $2,500.00
- Summit, Summit High School $1,500.00
- Springfield, Jonathan Dayton High School $2,000.00
- Union, Union High School $2,500.00
Union County On Stage! Community Grant
- Elizabeth, United Way of Greater Union County $2,000.00
- Elizabeth, Trinitas $2,000.00
- Elizabeth, Jewish Family Services $1,100.00
- Plainfield, Neighborhood House Association $2,000.00
- Plainfield, Catalyst Theater Company Productions $2,000.00
- Plainfield, Queen City Film & Television Workshop $1,500.00
- Rahway, UCPAC $2,000.00
- Roselle, Elizabeth Youth Theater Ensemble $1,500.00
- Roselle, Boxwood Learning Center $2,000.00
- Summit, Stony Hills Players Theater $2,000.00
- Summit, Vivid Stage $2,000.00
- Union, Nanababies $2,000.00
- Union, Premier Stages at Kean University $2,000.00
All applicants were to be based in Union County and the programming that would be covered by the grant must take place in Union County during Fall/Early Winter of 2023.
For additional information, please contact Angelica Cedeno at 908-558-2279 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.